French cancan and French cuisine
Enjoy the fabulous Cancan at the Paris Moulin Rouge and the world famous French cuisine in Lyon, Mecca of the French gastronomy.
Day 1: Arrival in Paris. Welcome by our representative and departure by coach for a panoramic guided sightseeing tour of the city’s most famous sites: Eiffel Tower, Champs Elysees, Arch of Triumph, Louvre museum, Notre-Dame Cathedral, Opera House, etc... Transfer to the hotel, room allocation and rest of the day at leisure.
Evening optional program: around 8.00pm departure by coach for a dinner in a typical French restaurant on the world famous Montmartre hill for a 3 course dinner with music and one glass of wine per person. After dinner transfer to the Moulin Rouge to attend the fabulous show Féerie with the famous French Cancan dancing (½ bottle of champagne per person included). Return at hotel by 1.30am.
Day 2: After breakfast morning excursion to Versailles Palace built in the 17th Century for the « Sun King ». Time to visit the French gardens and the State Apartments on your own (admission ticket provided).
Afternoon at leisure in Paris for shopping or a visit to the Louvre Museum or to the Eiffel Tower.
Evening optional programme: Early evening departure for a cruise on the river Seine passing under the Paris bridges followed by a guided illuminations tour of Paris to admire major floodlit monuments of the « City of Lights ». Return at the hotel by midnight.
Day 3: Early breakfast and departure from Paris Gare de Lyon with the TGV to Lyon. After 2 hours of comfortable journey aboard the high-speed train, arrival in Lyons and welcome by a local guide. Panoramic guided tour of Lyons by coach and discovery of the Colline de Fourviere with the basilica and a wonderful overview of the city. Lunch in a typical "Bouchon Lyonnais" to discover the specialties of the Lyon cuisine. After lunch visit of the old Lyon with the Cathedral Saint Jean and the district of Saint Jean with its alleys and courtyards. Check-in at hotel and time for a rest. Around 7.30pm transfer by coach to a gourmet restaurant (rated 1* by Michelin) and 4 course dinner including 1 glass of Champagne and ½ bottle wine per person). Return at the hotel by coach after dinner
Day 4: In the morning visit of the "Maison des Canuts," where we learn about the ancient crafts and the weaving techniques of the"Canut" as the workers for silk fabrics in Lyons are called. Then transfer to the halls of Lyons gathering some 60 merchants offering a panel of regional specialties and where great Lyon’s cooks use to by buy. Tasting around a glass of wine with cheese and sausage and lunch in a restaurant near the halls. Afternoon time for a boat cruise on the Rhône and the Saône river as a farewell to the capital of Gaul. Then transfer to the train station and return to Paris.
- 2 x overnight and breakfast in Paris
- Welcome at the station followed by a guided Panoramic sightseeing tour of Paris (ca 2 hours) and transfer to the hotel
- Assistance by check-in and city map with information on Paris
- Escorted excursion to Versailles (half day)including admission to the gardens and the State Apartments
- Escorted transfer from the hotel to the Gare de Lyon
- Booking of optional program
- 1 x overnight and breakfast in Lyon
- Welcome at the train station followed by a guided Panoramic sightseeing tour of Lyon (ca 2 hours) visit of the old town and transfer to the hotel
- Assistance by check-in and city map with information on Lyon
- 1 x typical lunch in a “Bouchon Lyonnais” (drinks excluded)
- 1 x gourmet dinner in a 1* Michelin restaurant with 1 glass of Champagne and ½ bottle of wine per person.
- 1 x lunch in a restaurant near the halls of Lyon (drinks excluded)
- Coach and guide for the visit of the Maison des Canuts (including admission), transfer to the Halls of Lyon, transfer to the restaurant and to boat departure and return to the train station.
- 1 x boat trip on the Rhone and the Saone River (1h15)
You have questions?
Our pleasure to help !
Please contact us:
+ 33 (0)4 93 58 79 00
You may also use our
|SUBSCRIBE OUR NEWSLETTER|